Community development of new 20A MPPT

That would be an entirely new design with multiple phases. Not so easy do change existing design for those specs.

Ok so after half a year I was finally able to return to this project. Last commit to to the fork of firmware (reworked battery detection & firmaware limits to handle 48v systems · codin2odin/charge-controller-firmware@563a358 · GitHub)
should make it finally compatible with the mppt-4820-hc hardware fork.
The two main changes that had to be addressed in firmware: replacement of current ic amp & adding support for 48v battery systems.

1. New current ic has no offset voltage at 0A and higher gain.
    Firmware automatically calibrates current measurment at startup at 0A so the offset is non-issue.
    Amp gain value is changed in hw .dts file (i-dcdc).

2. Adding support for 48v battery systems was more challenging.
    Firmware automatically detects battery voltage based on 12/24v charged-discharged voltage ranges.

The first problem is that 36/48v charged-discharged ranges overlap so I simply dropped support for 36v systems.

The second problem is that the algorithm expects fixed number of cells per 12v battery (6 for lead-acid, 4 for LFP, 3 for NMC),
    which is then simply multiplied by 1 or 2 (or 4).

This is applicable for lead-acid batteries but is absolutely NOT the case for NMC/LFP (3.6/3.2v cells.)
    48v NMC battery has 13 cells (a prime :D) and LFP has 15.
    The solution is to set min. cell counts for LFP & NMC batteries to 1 (in Kconfig), and reworked detect_num_batteries function to set series_multipler variable based on what chemistry we are using.

I already have custom pcbs and working on first prototype, I’ll post an update with first tests.