Firmware compilation missing file error

When I try to build the firmware for the Libre Solar MPPT 20A using PlatformIO on Visual Studio Code I get the following error:
C:\Users\user1.platformio\packages\framework-mbed\targets\TARGET_STM\TARGET_STM32F0\TARGET_NUCLEO_F072RB\device\TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM\startup_stm32f072xb.S:1:0: fatal error: opening dependency file .pioenvs\libresolar_0_10\FrameworkMbed\targets\TARGET_STM\TARGET_STM32F0\TARGET_NUCLEO_F072RB\device\TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM\startup_stm32f072xb.d: No such file or directory

Note that I uncommented the ‘env_default = libresolar_0_10’ line in platformio.ini, and the config.h file that I have under src is a copy of the original config.h_template.
That’s using the ‘platform = https://github.com/platformio/platform-ststm32.git’ option. Using ‘platform = ststm32@~5.3.0’ results in one more error:
C:\Users\user1.platformio\packages\framework-mbed@5.51105.190312\targets\TARGET_STM\TARGET_STM32F0\TARGET_NUCLEO_F072RB\device\TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM\STM32F0xxx_retarget.c:54:1: fatal error: opening dependency file .pioenvs\libresolar_0_10\FrameworkMbed\targets\TARGET_STM\TARGET_STM32F0\TARGET_NUCLEO_F072RB\device\TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM\STM32F0xxx_retarget.d: No such file or directory

Compiling for other controllers result in similar errors, except for the pwm controllers.

Hello,
I am having this same issue, Martin, do you have anything we should be doing differently?

thanks!

Hello together,

I double checked with a clean repository and cannot reproduce your error. Also Travis CI does not show any compilation errors (see the green check marks in the commit history).

I assume that something went wrong with PlatformIO in the background. So I suggest to remove all folders C:\Users\user1.platformio\packages\framework-mbed* and let platformio install the mbed framework again.

You could also try to run platformio update in the PlatformIO terminal (button at the bottom of VS Code).

Let me know if this solved your problem.

Best regards,
Martin