Shop to Buy Devices From

Status of the MPPT 20A Charger
Yes, the hardware is quite complete and working properly. However, the PCB layout is not ideal … Hope to be able to make an update of the 20A version during the summer. For now, you can use the existing version [24 May 2019].

Plans for future?
I am currently starting a small production run of 50 pcs for further testing [ 7 Feb 2018].

Development Timeline And Commercial Availailability
I am planning to perform some EMC tests and finalize the design this summer, probably within a Kickstarter campaign. Currently, you can only order the PCBs and parts yourself and solder them in your local hackerspace [19 Mar 2018].

PCB ordering - This step-by-step guide will show how…

1. What are the estimated build costs of these devices and the assumed equipment to build them?
  2. Is there a shop or community member that sells these devices?

I did order a small batch of the 20A charge controller in 2018, but there is no PCB left anymore. We identified some issues that need to be resolved, so I won’t order a new batch of the same hardware.

As I had to focus on some other work, I could not yet start with the new revision, unfortunately.

A shop is being worked on at the moment, but as far as I know there is none yet. Some community members are selling their spare PCBs, as you can see in another thread.

Hello.
Thanks for the great work on this project.
Any updates on a future shop / Crowdfunding campaign that would allow us to buy pre-assembled system ? I would be glad to give you some money :wink:
Best

Believe it or not, finally added a “Buy” button for the MPPT 1210 HUS board on the Libre Solar website :slight_smile:

Shipping is only possible inside Europe at the moment due to COVID-19.

Other boards will follow. Which board(s) would you be interested in most?

1 Like

This is an awesome project. I landed here as I search for the power components for an autonomous chicken tractor. Really looking forward to this board being purchasable in the US.

I want to make a solar powered car using four 170w flexible panels with the following specs: can’t wait for your 20amp board to be for sale!
Model SPR-E-Flex-170 6x8
Nominal Power(Pnom) 170 W
Power Tolerance +/–3%
Rated Voltage (Vmpp) 29.4 V
Rated Current (Impp) 5.84 A
Open-circuit voltage (Voc) 34.6 V
Short-curcuit current (Isc) 6.15 A

Do you want to use a 24V battery system? Otherwise even 20A version would be too low power for 4 of these panels, I guess.

no most ebikes use 36v or 48v or 72v battery packs.
looking at the online specifications, it looks like these MPPT’s are only for 12v batteries with no adjustment available?

So which are the specs you think you need for the MPPT? I’m not exactly sure if I understand what you want to do. Above you were talking about a solar powered car. You want to use e-bike battery packs for that?

@martinjaeger one of your posts you mentioned a buy button. is this still working? is there a way to buy the open source board?

Not anymore, unfortunately. The existing boards are sold out and I can’t order new ones because of chip shortage.

非常感谢你们的辛苦付出!目前我正在学习这方面的内容,打算做几个demo 板子边玩边学习!(Thank you very much for your hard work! I am currently learning about this and plan to make several demo boards to playing and learning!)

is there a way to get a device? :slight_smile:

Hey there :slight_smile:
What’s the current situation on this? Is there a way to buy some MPPT 1210 HUS devices for testing?